Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

zagerblag Posted:

ThreadConstructr: mbumive injoke, nonsense to anyone not already familiar with the community, made by CZ, fine

Falcon****er: mbumive injoke, nonsense to anyone not already familiar with the community, OKed by CZ, fine

Bashy-Bashers: mbumive injoke, nonsense to anyone not already familiar with the community, not made by CZ, not fine

How does this work?

Threadconstructr: As long as there’s a ForumBuildr, new users will know exactly what it’s parodying. Wicked Bbum will be obvious to anyone who’s vaguely familiar with the community, others perhaps less so… but it’s just the names attached to random Forumbuildr-based jokes, if I recall correctly. The “enemies” don’t need to be recognized.

Falcon****er: Got me there. However, it makes just about as much sense as any other FWZ mission, even absent the in-joke, so I’m not sure it’s a net loss.

Bashy Bashers: Is about something happening in Buildr right now. If Bashy’s streak of forum wins ends, the entire central concept of the forum becomes apocryphal. Plus, as I’ve said before, exactly how many good ideas are there to be mined in that forum?

So, to recap:

A) A joke based around something that is a part of the game and will continue to be so, written by people who’re known for writing funny stuff, fine

B) A joke based on something that happened, which is however no more or less inherently funny than the GooseFriedBacon, OK’d by people who’re known for writing funny stuff, fine

C) A joke based on being bumhurt about another player, appealing to people whose ideas haven’t been funny enough to beat out that player, nix’d by people who’re known for writing funny stuff, not fine

Whether pulling it or not was the right call, I don’t know. But I see the logic behind it just fine, and if JB thinks it’s a go-nowhere idea, I can trust his judgment, because he’s done work that convinces me he has a good sense of humor.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!