Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

There is a lot of room for improvement in the Forumwarz battle engine. Right now, the gameplay is far too simple for a game this size.

Over the following weeks, I’d like to start testing some enhancements. However, since even a small change can have disastrous effects of the balance of the game, I’d like to enlist enthusiastic users for help testing and collecting feedback before we go live.

Here’s how it would work:

1. If you are interested, sign up here sign ups are closed
  2. If you are selected, we will send you an email with a testing plan. It will include a URL to a testing server with testing characters built for you.
  3. Every week (and maybe faster, every few days if we’re on a roll, we’ll expect you to play a new version of the game with your testing characters and offer feedback.
  4. The feedback will be used to create the next version of the game.
  5. We’ll repeat this until we have a pretty awesome upgrade ready, and then deploy it.
  6. Unlike with Episode-based testing, you will be free to discuss upcoming changes in public places. None of what we’re working on will be secret.

Rewards!

1. Anyone who finishes at least 3 testing plans will receive a special E-Peen™.
  2. Anyone who finishes ALL testing plans will receive a limited and valuable item.
  3. If you do an awesome job testing the gameplay, you’ll be a shoe-in for the eventual Episode 3 Beta.
  4. I’m sure some Log in to see images!

Post any questions you have in this thread.

Evil Trout edited this message on 05/12/2009 1:52PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!