Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Yeah, GURPS is one of the best plug & play systems ever. Sometimes it was a bit ponderous, simply because you can do so much stuff.

As far as what I like, mechanically, I prefer a system that has a fairly straightforward character creation system, without having to check multiple tables all the time. I like a building point system instead of random rolls, and a tier-based branching system of skills.

I.E., Intelligence > Linguisitics > Latin

Say the character encounters a loose page in a library, written in Latin.

A high Intelligence stat gives you a small chance to decipher Latin, perhaps at least the gist of the message. ”Danger ahead!”

A medium to high skill level in Linguistics gives you a moderate chance to decipher Latin, but perhaps not the subtleties. ”Warning: One of the doors ahead is dangerous!”

The Latin skill lets you automatically decipher the message, and depending on the skill level, perhaps notice a subtle clue.

Warning: The left door in the hallway ahead of you is trapped with poison dart in the keyhole.

Too many specific rules can overweigh a system. A solid general system, with flexibility for both player & GM creativity, is what I prefer.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!