Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Invariel Posted:

Your fourteen ForumBuildr submissions are spread out over the next forum, and any suggestions you have for future fora, across the entire week whereas you get to submit one item every two days and one image every two days.

Forums need a high number of enemies and thread text (even if you can’t read the text or see the enemies), but items require very little in terms of content.

Letting you submit fourteen ****ty thread ideas that might get picked is more beneficial to the game than letting you submit fourteen ****ty item ideas, one of which might get picked. Similarly, the game benefits more from fourteen good thread ideas over the course of one week rather than fourteen good item ideas, thirteen of which won’t get used immediately.

And I’m not saying that having all those entries in Forumbuildr is bad (not here, anyway). The question asked what’s different about Itembuildr to make it something to treat differently. Check your math real quick. If I can submit two things every other day, that’s an average 7 submissions/week – the base Buildr score submission count, by chance or design.

And my buildr score is by no means high. I just started using forumbuildr a month ago. I’m constantly hearing about people who have dozens of submissions for Fbuilder (maybe a hundred? Did I hear that?) and while, sure, it’s spread over many areas, the simple fact is that hundreds of people with dozens of entries create thousands of entries to review. Sitting there and downvoting thousands of entries isn’t as practical as sitting there and downvoting hundreds or less of itembuildr entries. The latter is much more practical, especially since there’s a precise time at which to start nuking entries and know that you will get all of them.

Also, as I’ve said elsewhere, in several posts on this topic, I’m all in favor of shifting Itembuildr to a bigger turnaround. I’d be happy with 4 days to submit and three to vote, one item a week. I think that would encourage better ideas and give people time to make cool images instead of googling them, and maybe even give people enough time to actually READ the entries instead of going “I’ve seen that title before, downvote. Those three words aren’t funny, downvote. That title is neat, upvote!” It would be less hectic, produce better results, and we could eliminate downvoting without making users wade through all that many entries, comparatively.

So, all in all, I really don’t know why you seem to be taking issue with what I posted.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!