Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

EVECHARM Posted:

now whats even a bigger Log in to see images!

It is an investment. The problem with the forumwarz economy in the kyoubai era is that there really weren’t any investments, so prices for everything on kyoubai just went down until they hit one floor or another. It may be the first time an item was a good investment, but that’s not a reason that it’s bad. That’s a reason that it’s good, and that we need more things like this. The problem is that there just aren’t *enough* things that work as investments.

Personally, I would like to see ET put in place the following framework:

-Any Itembuildr item that “better” than the best item in its clbum available from an NPC shop or a quest everybody can do, will be considered closely as to whether or not it’s worthy of inclusion in the game outside of itembuildr (at the risk of power creep).

-If an item that is “better” than the previous best item in its clbum is not considered worthy of inclusion in an NPC shop, that item can be removed from the consumer’s co-op at any point after, say, two weeks with no warning.

Remember, people who stocked up on master balls aren’t clearly winners here. If you’ve got 50, you might be able to sell one for 5 million flezz, but are you going to be able to sell all 50 for that? As the people most desperate to get one get theirs, the price is probably going to go down (as demand does). Plus, if a better item comes along (entirely possible), they may not be able to recoup what they spent. I mean, people who stocked up on Dragon Balls in order to resell them later at a profit probably weren’t feeling too good when the Master Ball showed up.

I personally could care less about the flezz leaderboard peen, but I think that “using the economy to turn x [currency] into y [currency] where y>>x” is a really fun, and interesting aspect of virtual economies and fun sub-game in any multiplayer game that features an economy. From my perspective, the primary weakness of forumwarz to this point was that it lacked such an economy, and what happened with master balls is simply a step in the right direction. I mean, I would like to play the “turn x flezz into 10x flezz” game, you might not, but what’s your reason for arguing that people who like that sort of thing shouldn’t be allowed to play that game? The problem with flezz piling up was more “I have nothing to do with it”, and “playing the economy in order to make more flezz” is absolutely something to do with it.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/20/2009 12:49AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!