Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Evil Trout Posted:

You ignored the whole part where I said repeatedly that I was going to be fixing things with the wacky items. And how I even mentioned I would be changing the price. And the whole thing about how we never guaranteed any item from itembuildr would make it into the game.

As part of your balance changes, you gifted a minority of players with a huge game advantage, which invalidating weeks of other players efforts. Was that intentional? More importantly, would you have avoided it if you could?

Evil Trout Posted:

Are… you serious? It’s not the way the economy is run. It is a blip that happened that is almost invisible as far as the economy is concerned. I just said it’s like the real world, you win some and you lose some. The game is far from being completely based around bugfixes.

Yes… I am. By economy I should have said flezz leaderboard, i.e. the competitive aspect of your economy. Your blip is my 2 more months of grinding. The rest of it is a morbum since there are no incentives to collect flezz beyond the ability to equip yourself with all the best items, which doesn’t take long. So after you’ve got your items, it’s either leaderboard, or marbles and raffle tickets. To my shame, I chose the former (though not on my main, who’s already had a few too many knocks to my efforts, gratis of yourself)

Evil Trout Posted:

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Perhaps, but I think my suggestion is different to the one you think I made.

Evil Trout Posted:

Let’s say I buy item A. Then I sell it to player B in Kyoubai. That player sells it to another player C in Kyoubai. That player equips it.

Do you realize how complicated that refund is to track? I’d have to unequip the item from C, refund C’s money, refund B’s money then refund A’s money. It’s insanely complicated because I don’t track items in specific paths like that.

No, I suggested a simpler solution – only look at the last link in the chain – the players who own the item. That’s why I also said that such a fix would actually add flezz to the economy – since the kyoubai seller would be keeping their profit, which may be desirable anyway, up until we have large numbers of them traded on kyoubai at hugely inflated prices.

If the player has a Master Ball, search for their last Master Ball purchase transaction (Itembuildr store or Kyoubai) and refund. If they have multiple, refund for the last X related transactions.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/19/2009 8:43PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!