Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the demise of klan raids. I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I know that people were constantly complaining about or trying to find a solution to the “klan advantage”. There were a few people who managed to medal near the end of the first season without a dedicated dom klan, but I think that players like Arktor were the exceptions that proved the rule.

Currently a lot of the same people are still getting medals regularly despite the lack of klan raids. Klans are still beneficial, in that the dom klans have strong agreements among members and weaker ones between klans to collaborate where possible.

The people I’ve talked to recently don’t seem to miss the old raids much at all. I certainly didn’t have fun raiding, but I did it much more than I wanted to because it was the easy way to win medals. A lot of people want to win more than they want to have fun, so if you have an annoying mechanic that gives you an advantage, you’re forcing a lot of people to use it in order to play domination effectively. There are limits to what (sane) people will do, but we all know that there are players willing to spend 8 hours a day playing blackjack in order to powergame their way through.

My suggestion is to slightly improve klan raids to the point where they are weaker than solo runs for the purpose of purely gaining scoops, but strong enough for Generichaxor’s use to make sense. I’m not well informed about domination, but I think it’s an interesting mechanic from a game design perspective, and it allows non-competitive players to engage in teamwork. Also maybe allowing an alt or two per player in a raid would be good, a lot of people have been left with way too many alts to use. If you aren’t planning on getting medals in the current week, and someone else in your klan is, being able to use your visits to give them a boost is great. Giving both of you a boost is boring.

tl;dr this is a better situation than the old one, and could be better still.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!