Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I don’t mind a little bias in the media I intake, just as long as it doesn’t compromise the source.

Just the other day, I was listening to NPR reporting on the Ted Stevens scandal. NPR does have some liberal bias, but they stuck to the facts and reported what was important – He was up for conviction for receiving illegal funds, but that conviction is being dropped to to prosecutors acting outside of the law. They went on to brow beat Ted and the prosecutors, but they didn’t misconstrue the facts.

On the other hand, when I walked in on Fox News today, they were completely off the handle. I can’t remember what anchor was on, but they were basically saying something like “SEE EVERYBODY, OUR SAVIOR TED STEVENS IS INNOCENT! IMMA NOMINATING HIM FOR GOVENOR OF ALASKA WHEN SARAH PALIN IS PRESIDENT! Log in to see images!”.

Biased news sources do have their place in the media. As I’ve become fairly liberal over the past couple years, I know that I’m more likely to find the news I’m more interested in on CNN, and I’m more likely to hear it in a way that makes sense to me. But I both understand that CNN is a reputable news source, and I fact-check what I hear through it with more center-leaning sources.

I don’t think having biased news sources is the problem – I think a large part of the equation is our expectation that ALL news must be unbiased, and most people’s general unwillingness to admit that the news they choose to view is biased. CNN viewers claim that Fox is biased while CNN is not, Fox viewers claim that CNN is biased while Fox is not…simple answer, they both have bias. Like I said, I do prefer leftist media, but I understand that it’s leftist, and I keep myself in check with centrist news.

Also, you guys are all focusing on the news, and only talking about news channels, forgetting that music, films, television, video games, etc., are all part of the mainstream media.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 04/02/2009 9:29PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!