Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

glowspawn

[Uber-Newbz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

LOL. Yeah, I’m very convinced. Anyway, if I “play the game,” will I arrive at a completely different conclusion? That topping a leaderboard doesn’t offer bragging rights?

No one said that topping a leaderboard doesn’t offer bragging rights. What they said is that the current system of awarding leaderboard peen makes no sense (as Nicco and others have pointed out).

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I understand your concerns, but I still think this is far better than the alternative. If we had unlimited design resources, I could see the advantage to “flavoring” the Peen so that they’re clearly clbum-specific, perhaps while retaining an overall leaderboard Peen.

No, I don’t think you understand, and I’m not trying to insult you with that statement. No one asked for you to design a separate peen for “Camwhore Flamebate”, “Emo Kid Flamebate”, “Troll Flamebate”, and so on. What was asked for were non-clbum-specific milestone peens.

You could even do this without designing new peens in many cases. I’m very close to getting Full of Sale (Best Bidder leaderboard), and I personally would not care if after getting it, it transformed overnight into a milestone peen instead. Obviously, holders of other leaderboard peens might have the opinion that converting their peen into a milestone peen would somehow “devalue” it, one way to address this is to set the milestone really freaking high, to around the value the leaders have, or even above them.

Just as an example, Full of Sale could be set at 1000 unique sellers (or even 1500 if you want to torture your users). “1337” would be 1500 forums pwned. Flamebate Fodder would be awarded at 1000. Freemason would be a Buildr score of 75. Miss Popularity would be 500 friends. Gimme a category, I’ll propose a number and people can bat it around.

Anyone who has a leaderboard peen already would keep it as a milestone peen, even if they don’t actually have the required milestone score (this has happened before with Dom medal peens when double medals were accidentally awarded, then taken away).

The current leaders could continue their quest to stay at #1 on the leaderboards for bragging rights, meanwhile the other 99% of the users would actually have attainable (though difficult) goals to shoot for.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!