Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Nicky the Ga-
wth

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

I am influenced by H.P. Lovecraft, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, and Algernon Blackood just as a horror writer. I’ve been toying around with the idea of writing Science Fiction in recent years and you can read some of my Science Fiction entires on either FictionPress.com or writerscafe.org. I am equally influenced by H,.G. Wells, Ray Bradbury, Jules Verne, and Isaac Asimov. I was born in 1976 and raised around Richard Matheson’s work being aired on the small screen. Twilight Zone: The Movie I use to watch with my mother on cable when we first got cable in the house. My first exposures to horror were H.P. Lovecraft and Richard Matheson. My family thought Richard Matheson was just safe enough for me but when I read Stir of Echoes, that changed the way I wrote horror forever. I still write Lovecraftian horror but now I mix a lot of Matheson elements into it. I am drawn to what is called the Blue Collar Gothic.

I write horror with a tenacity that is seen in some of the more extreme forms of heavy metal — picture of someone who plays death metal couldn’t find the personal to form a band, they have so many ideas in them so they crossover into writing Gothic Horror, but they take that death metal intensity with them.

I also will write science fiction from tie time time. It all started with Lake Fossil and it snowballed from there — House of Spiders and Bite of the Spider got my foot in the door. I’ve been published since 1997 online but in print since 2004 — my first story got picked up by EbooksOnDisk.com in an anthology called Reality Check: An Anthology Of Horror (Terry Vinson gave me the lead on this one.) My styles as a science fiction are a little more akin to Jules Verne but when I do the cyberpunk style it is similar to if Jules Verne was writing Blade Runner.

I’ve been writing horror and non-fiction since 1990, but I’ve been doing science fictoin for less than a few years. I am rookie in the Science Fiction genre but I’ve also been publishing my own magazine too via an imprint I started on Lulu.com since doing Tabloid Purposes. I’ve been published internationally on Insomnia Magazine *July/August 2006* and that story is going to be reprinted twice in two more magazines stateside (now published nationally in New Mexico, and yet to be published locally.)

Lately I’ve learned a new trick in combining Horror and Science Fiction in one story, then I’ve been doing nonfiction stories that are scarier than my fictional counterparts in horror. I showcased some of the most talented writers in the small press so far — and featured a lot of new writers in the years that I’ve been online.

I’m published the first issue of WitherSin Magazine with a true ghost story. I did live with two room mates who are both history buffs so living around a lot of antiques I am bound to get some inspiration from it. I sold work to Tales of the Talisman, HorrorMasters.com (if you’re looking for LAKE FOSSIL 2, it’s placed here,) Withersin Magazine and the famed Naked Snake Press (welcome to the NSP Roster Scott Johnson.) I will be appearing in Haunted Times Magazine too, the May 2007 issue with Observations Of An Abandoned Seminary. I write horror and true life dark stuff too.

I credit a lot of my writing style in the horror genre to heavy metal music, and Anthony Nichols of Meliah Rage actually wished me the best of luck with the Horror. I’ve been on AuthorsDen since 2002, and happy to call the Den my home — and it became a welcomed extension to WRITINGS FROM THE GRAVE in many ways. I had my main website for ten years in May. Horror with the same kind of intensity you’d see with the death metal movement — what I want to do with my work is inspire the next wave of thrash or death metal bands.

What author do I compare House of Spiders 3 to — ****, Barbara Marjanovic cites Edgar Allan Poe and Stephen King, I cite H.P. Lovecraft and Richard Matheson — picture the four of them coming together and collaborating, you got House of Spiders 3. CTHULHU MYTHOS meets DRACULA! I am part of that club known as the “signed in blood” club because I did sign a few copies of the first collection using my blood. Barbara Marjanovic and Terry Vinson can be both seen with their stories in Tabloid Purposes IV which is the literary equal to a semi-truck slamming into an SUV at 200 mph. I might be the most bleeped author on here because I use vulgarity in my work especially when I write horror — vulgarity and horror go hand in hand, and yes I will say **** every now and then. I like to keep it mother****ing BRUTAL.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!