Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jonro

Avatar: 132894 Thu Feb 19 22:01:35 -0500 2009

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

The Girl With Mad Skillz Yo Posted:

I see paganism as the religion before other religions (of the ones I know of). But what ideals and concepts do you speak of? I am a pagan and from what I know of the devil it doesn’t sound anything like any of the pagan traditions.

Satanism is more of an amalgamation of different symbols from around the world. His Sumerian name is Ea, also known as Enki, God of the earth.

He is also referred to as Melek Taus by the Al-Yezidis, which is a man with a bulls head.

In pages 58-60 of the S. Bible, a laundry list of names for Satan is given. Some of these names include:

Belial (Hebrew)

Ahpuch (Mayan)

Baphomet (The Knights Templar)

Dracula (Romanian)

Emma-O (Japanese)

Fenriz (Teutonic)

Kali (Hindu)

Ishtar (Babylonian)

Bile` (Celtic)

He has many similarities to the Greek gods.

Apollo: their symbols are both the peamale reproductive organ, they are the bringers of light and of knowledge, they are both often seen as a kouros, or “beardless youth.”

Pan: Satan represents indulgence, so this could be sexual, as with Pan, or…

Dionysus: ...plentiness of food and alcohol, as with Dionysus.

Hecate: Satanism also exemplifies witchcraft, as represented by the Greek god Hecate.

In page 25 of the S. Bible, most of the nine Satanic statements can be linked to a pagan god:

1. “Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!” (Greek god Dionysus)

3. “Satan represents undefiled Wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!” (Several Greek, middle eastern, native American, and Norse Gods are the “bringers of wisdom” to mankind. In every other religion but Islam, Xianity and Judaism, this is seen as a good thing. But when Satan gives mankind wisdom in the Garden of Eden, it is seen as our downfall.)

5. “Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!” (Just read the Odyssey or the Iliad, and you will see that this was a value of Greek culture.)

This is the beginning of the “Book of Lucifer: The Enlightenment”:

“The Roman god, Lucifer, was the bearer of light, the spirit of the air, the personification of enlightenment. In Christian mythology he became synonymous with evil which was only to have been expected from a religion whose very existence is perpetuated by clouded definitions and bogus values!”

These are excerpts from Joy of Satan’s website:

“The Buddah sat beneath the “Bo Tree” and achieved enlightenment. “Bo means serpent, as in Bo-A or Boo-Ta.”¹ The Christian Church stole, twisted and corrupted everything they could from the original religions. The fig tree was known as “The Tree of Wisdom” Ficus religiosa.² The xian church corrupted this with the placing of fig leaves over the genitals of Adam and Eve. ”

“Satan in Hebrew means ‘adversary,’ but the Hebrew language was derived from other languages that preceded it by hundreds to thousands of years. The Hebrew letters are derived from Phoenician and Phoenician was derived from hieroglyphics; cuneiform- just research any text book on the origins of languages.”

“The Catholic Church knew the original religions had to be replaced with something else and this is where all of the stories in the bible came from. They are all rip-offs from the originals, which had their origins long before Judeo/Christianity ever reared its ugly head. The Virgin Mary stole from and replaced Astaroth, who was bound, as “the Lady of Heaven.” Astaroth was the most popular Goddess in the pre-Christian world. Fictitious Jehova ripped off from Enlil/Beelzebub/Baal, who was the most popular God in the pre-Christian world, and then there is our beloved Creator Father Satan/Ea who wound up as the Serpent and the Devil.”

These are only the similarities I see at first hand. I’m sure if someone were to do a more in-depth study, they could tell you even more.

Jonro edited this message on 03/19/2009 12:14PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!