Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Shii Posted:

I would vehemently disagree with you on the point that “liberal bias” is the standard for more truthful newstelling.

Liberal vs. conservatism doesn’t have anything to do with “truth.” It’s your stance on different policies. The only reason you think that “liberal media” is the benchmark for truthiness (to steal the word from Colbert) is because the only decently accurate new sources we have are all liberal.

I’ll be the first to say that Fox does a pretty lousy job, but not because their political stance makes them more likely to be subject to opinion and anger and whatnot. They do a lousy job because they’ve hired opinionated, stereotypical people as their news anchors. This is partially because since media is so liberally biased most new, fresh news anchors are going to lean that way.

Disagreeing with economic stimuli and free health care doesn’t mean I’m less truthful or more opinionated. It just means that I disagree with those policies.

I’m not saying you need a liberal bias to report the news. I’m saying liberal individuals are not only more likely to pursue this career, but they’re also likely to become more liberal as a result of pursuing it. “Truth has a liberal bias,” as the saying goes. It sounds arrogant, but then a lot of liberals are openly pretty open about their arrogance.

As far as policy issues like the stimulus package and single-payer healthcare, I haven’t seen the media take a single definitive stand either way. But maybe that’s “disconfirmation bias” on my part.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!