Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Martingale does increase your chances of winning. It just also decreases the payout from winning and increases the cost of losing to compensate.

In the short term, you have a much better chance of winning. In the long term the resuls will be the same as if you had just made a bunch of big bets.

It’s like a reverse lottery. In a lottery you have a very small chance of winning a lot of money and a very big chance to lose a little amount of money. Using martingale you have a very good chance to win a small amount of money, and a very small chance to lose it all.

If you’re content to gain a small amount of money, you have a good chance of actually doing that. Once you start trying to double the amount you started out with you’re going to eventually lose. Just like if you’re content to lose a small amount of money, the lottery is a good way to do it. If you want to throw away millions, you might risk actually winning.

It seems that since I don’t play the lottery because I don’t have sufficient chance to win, I should use Martingales…. I guess I may have done some expected value calculations at some point.

average mario edited this message on 03/21/2008 1:24PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!