Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Buffing everybody to counter an imbalance isn’t that great of an idea; it quickly deteriorates into DBZ-like absurd levels of boosting. Besides, when you have Trolls talking about how overpowered they are, you know it’s time for some nerfing.

That’s not to say that the problem should be solved by nerfing clbumes that are better than others, but that things need to be brought back in line with what’s reasonable. Trolls need to go down a peg or three, Camwhores need a boost, Hackers need a little buff, and what Emokids need is more of a correction than anything.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Reposting this because it’s a valid point that everyone ignored…

I didn’t ignore it, I spent several hours working out the math and details for each of the main clbumes in order to establish a more solid metric to judge the game balance.

As it turns out Hackers do indeed appear to need a damage buff, but bantering about the base damage itself as ‘proof’ is intentionally misleading.

Adapt Posted:

I agree, regardless of power the hacker refresh rate is abysmal. I sometimes get down to like bg on my hacker with no ability to use. Log in to see images!

You can prevent that by doing better at picking a cycle. If your Hacker is end-game (Which, incidentally, is what we’re mostly talking about here), then there’s an attack cycle on the previous page that you can use.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 03/02/2009 12:27AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!