Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Ravaryn Posted:

Well if I’m trying to drop my Ego a bit more before hitting the later threads, I’d rather not inflict any damage to the current one, especially if it’s already been bashed down to having less than 50 health left.

Also, keep in mind that you overkill a lot of threads, so that weak attack won’t likely make a difference, and keeping Blinded with Rage on there lets me just have one shortcut clogged up with a “skip” option, as opposed to using two for Drool and Bash Head.

What could possibly be the benefit of a 0-damage, 3-second attack over a damaging, quicker attack? It’s not like you’ll lower your health faster if you just sit there without damaging the thread. I’m pretty sure all threads in a forum use the same damage formula, so you can’t stall on a high-Attack thread. The thread will do the same counter-attack damage regardless of whether you do damage, unless you kill the thread, which can only be good for you. Blinded With Rage won’t screw with the speedrun timer in any way. As an Emo, you have plenty of toolbar room, so that probably isn’t the issue.

tl;dr version: Why not use a quicker attack that does a little damage instead of a slow attack that does nothing?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!