Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jonro

Avatar: 132894 Thu Feb 19 22:01:35 -0500 2009

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Dear…God.

Where to begin.

From the beginning, I suppose:

A 1D view with shades of grey doesn’t work that well either. With everything being interdependent, choosing just one point of view, which is supposed to be the opposite of another, is as bad as sticking with the point of view you oppose, because those aren’t the only two points of view, while ignoring the rest of reality.

What do you propose, then? Never making a stand? Never deciding what you believe? Forever floating in some sort of philosophical limbo? That’s not where I prefer to stay. If that suits you, then more power to you. As Aristotle said, it is the mark of a truly educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it. But that phrase works both ways. A truly educated mind can choose a point of view, and still be capable of seeing life from another.

If you want a symbol, make one of your own. That symbol would be you, and you alone. And it would bear a name that you give it (if you choose to name it – you don’t have to). At first, you’ll go through all the stages of independence, the same way as when you leave home to be on your own: fear, insecurity, loneliness, even exclusion, but after a while you’ll see that live is just beginning and that there’s a lot more to it than you thought. You’ll be independent and self-sustained, without the need for a father figure. And that will make you stronger than you’ll ever be if you limit yourself to a “Bible” or any set of rules and prejudices. This new-found strength will also help you go over any hurdles you may encounter on your path.

Yeah…you’re gonna need to change your tone, son, and quick. You’re making a ****load of judgemental comments that I doubt you gave much consideration to before posting.

I’m 19, I work 30 hours a week and go to college full time. I lease a house that I and two others pay for. Not 13, looking for my long-last daddy. I moved out the day I turned 18, and I doubt you’ll want to hear half of the learning experiences I’ve had on my own.

I don’t limit myself to a “Bible.” It is a useful tool, but I disagree with several points Anton Lavey brings up. If I read 1984 or Brave New World or any other book and bring a lasting message out of it, one that I keep with me for the rest of my life, does that make me a conformist?

Why is an established symbol any less valid than one that I make up? Do you really feel the need to be such an individual that you are simply incapable of joining sides with any viewpoint? If I say “Satan,” you might think of a man in a red suit with a tail and horns. That’s not what I think of. His image is personal to me and me alone.

Not that it really matters, because, as I keep pointing out, I am Laveyan. Sigh.

Furthermore, this opens me up to a community of those who I know, by the label they choose, already share a similar view on life as I. This is an invaluable resource, one that would not be so easily attainable if I simply walked through life without labels for fear of losing some sense of identity.

I’m terrified by this thread so far. There are so many religions out there as there are political points of view. You are familiar with the ones that have gods and daemons in an antitheses, as if that’s all that counts.

You think so, huh? Maybe you should take a look at my bookshelf. You might find more books on Eastern and pagan religions than you think.

If you prefer religious symbols to guide your path, I’d suggest that you don’t limit to the traditional black and white views. Read up on Kabbalah, Buddhism, Wicca, the Raelian movement, and even about those idiots that commit mbum suicide in the name of their sect.

And here is the kicker. For all you know, I may have done more reading on these religions than you. Just how old are you, anyway?

I’m pretty sure that if you spend enough time seeing what everyone thinks, you won’t end up with any particular philosophy, or pre-defined symbol.

That may be your path. But it is not necessarily the appropriate path for all others.

Think about all of these religions that you imply you have so rigorously observed. Have you ever considered why these billions of people have chosen to bumociate themselves with a religion?

Condemning someone because of a religious choice is no different condemning them for their lack of one. It seems as if that is what you’re doing.

Oh, and to answer your initial question, I may be a satanist from the christian point of view simply because I wrote this stuff. And from a satanic point of view I’m also evilLog in to see images!

That’s for you to decide. Good and evil are completely subjective, even from a specific point of view. One Satanist may see you as evil, and the other may not. Xians may do likewise. Or Jews. Or Wiccans. Or Zoroastrians. Or Free Masons.

If I may make a deductive judgement, you choose to not adhere to any form of predefined religion or philosoiphy, not for your own sense of personal truth, but because you, like so many others, are fearful that this will compromise your sense of identity. You like to frustrate people when they ask what religion you are, by leaning back and saying “Oh, you young and foolish, with your religions and your theoligies. When will you learn?” To choose the opposite of what everyone around you chooses is not individuality. It is only another mode of conformity, for it is based on the actions of those around you.

Perhaps if you spend some time thinking about what you think, instead of what everyone else thinks, you will not be afraid to embrace a particular philosophy or pre-defined symbol.

If not, then that is as valid of a path as mine.

I’m normally not so vitriolic in religious discussions, but pretension is one of my bumons. I apologize if it was discordant.

Jonro edited this message on 02/25/2009 7:18PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!