Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jonro

Avatar: 132894 Thu Feb 19 22:01:35 -0500 2009

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

...a crutch? In what way is Satanism my crutch?

I believe in the power of love. I just also happen to believe in the power of hatred.

I also believe in a universal power beyond our explanation. I don’t call it “god” or worship it, but I acknowledge that it’s there.

Sure, I look out for me and my own first. But I also do charity work. Satanism is also about fulfilling Satan’s work upon humanity by advancing us as a whole to the godhead. You are your first responsibility, with the exception of loved ones, perhaps. But help out your brother and you help out yourself.

EDIT: Since you edited your post, it is clearer what you mean. I would propose that if you are obligated to follow it, it isn’t a moral code. If you’re obligated, it’s law or duty, not morality. Under whose authority does a Christian abide by the codes of the Bible? If you believe in God, I suppose you could say him. But even Christians believe in the power of free will. A Christian is free to come and go from the faith as he pleases.

And couldn’t “doing as you please” be a moral code, anyway?

Satanism is not a religion. It is a philosophy. Anton Lavey was reluctant to create a list of ten commandments for Satanism because a) it is too resembling of Xianity, and b) it implies just what you said: that we, Satanists or non, are obligated to follow them. Perhaps that is where your misconception lies.

I’d also like to point out:

Celerysteve Posted:

...you also believe in the Judeo-Christian God who created him (or else they’re be no Satan)

Would there be a God if there was no Satan?

Jonro edited this message on 02/24/2009 4:58AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!