Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bub1029

Level 17 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

What are the chances that I will actually win this? Let’s see: There are approximately 27000 Forumwarz accounts that aren’t bots. Subtract the 25% that find contests a haven for beggars or are just too cool for this. 27000-6750=20250. Subtract the approximate 3% of newbies. 20250-810=19440. The average amount for entering a lower key contest is around 500 people. multiply that by the raised magnitude of this contest. Highest reward being 20 BP. 500*20=10000. The percent loss on the total should equal the percent loss on partial, so subtract 28% from the 10000. 10000-2800=7200. Therefore, according to simple quick and “in your head” math any entrant has and approximate 1 in 7200 chance to win the 20BP grand prize. But to win any prize we merely take our rate and divide it by the amount of prizes to get a 1 in 533.85 chance to win anything.

I don’t like those odds, but hey, why shouldn’t I enter?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!