Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

The problem and bias you bring into the discussion though, is that religion does not lend itself to logic whatsoever. This is completely untrue. I am a Christ follower, and though I was born and raised in the church, I’ve put a lot of effort and time into learning about other religions, learning about science, etc.

I spent two years as an Anthropology major, for starters, so I know a great deal about evolutionary theory and have no issue whatsoever accepting it as pure fact.

In truth, there is a lot of talk about the quantum physics of Genesis, since science as it is currently exists can’t come up with a decent theory about the beginning of the universe for crap.

For example: According to the Law of Conservation of Mbum, matter can be neither created nor destroyed. With that in mind, the Second Law of Thermodynamics claims that no system can be infinite. Perpetual motion does not exist, and within an eternal system, all reactions would have burnt out and ceased to exist.

So, we see that the universe can’t have always existed, and indeed hasn’t. It was formed, or created, or whatever, roughly 14.5 billion years ago.

So, simultaneously, science says matter cannot have always existed, but yet cannot have been created.

Are you afraid? If god is gone, suddenly that magical cushion that protects you isn’t there? Isn’t that argument bull****, since, well, according to the religions, god exists regardless of whether or not you buy into their faith?

In response to this question, in particular, I would like to extend that I think atheism would be the far more comforting option.

Are YOU afraid of having a higher power that you cannot control constantly watching over you and being aware of your actions? Or is it more comforting to you to think that you are self-reliant and in complete control of your life?

I would venture to say that atheists are afraid of being accountable, in the same way that you claim those following religions are afraid of having our “crutch” taken away.

Shii edited this message on 02/12/2009 10:59PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!