Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Dead Celebrity Seance Droid Mk-10 Posted:

Hmm, you edited that pretty fast. I’ve never seen someone ‘moon’ Deism before.

Anyways, Deism really isn’t a ‘religion’, as far as most people view religions. It’s more of a spiritual and philosophical belief. We don’t rely upon ‘supernatural revelations’, we instead use our own powers of observation to perceive the divine. I see things like the fact that we just ‘happen’ to exist on a planet that just ‘happens’ to have an environment that is conducive to spawning life, and just ‘happens’ to be the right distance from our star to not be too cold or too hot.

I see things like evolution as strong indicators of intentional, intelligent design.

I didn’t rely upon a legendary ‘burning bush’. I used my own eyes and ears, and came to a conclusion.

AntiRules187 Posted:

that was very deep. Did you actually come up with this? (not trolling)

When I was younger, I never felt that my family’s religion really made any sense. It was all dependent upon belief that another human being told another human being a story, which kept getting pbumed around, and that we should base our entire belief system on little more than a glorified game of ‘Telephone’. I always felt that we should be able to think for ourselves (isn’t that what God gave us brains for?) and explore our own world and approach the divine in our own way.

This went on for a few years, well into my early twenties, until I discovered Deism. Virtually every conclusion I’d come to on my own was reflected in Deism. It just made sense.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!