Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

scullyangel Posted:

Another option would be to lift the current raiding restrictions, but put a hard cap on vanilla. You can earn x vanilla per week, via whatever method. Solo, raid, combo – doesn’t matter. After you hit the cap it is shut off. I’d say 500 – 550 scoops would be a solid maximum. One character joined to the raid, but any “enabled” character can contribute to raids.

If we keep putting hard caps on scoops, we may as well put a hard cap on all scoop flavors, so we can have a reward for a ‘perfect’ game, where you get max scoops in every category over the course of a round.

Antifreeze is artificially capped and Lemon and Pistachio are mechanically capped. If we put a hard cap on Vanila, we may as well put one on Chocolate, so we can avoid some sort of ridiculous scheme in two months where someone breaks Domination by gaining thousands of Chocolate scoops by playing INCIT for three days while sub,itting their thousand forumbuildr entries and restart all this drama.

scullyangel Posted:

(We don’t want scoop towers to return, so preventing alts from getting raid scoops is a good thing always.)

Some people actually try to get medals with all of their alts. If you prevent alts from gaining scoops in raids, you may as well just make people only have one character eligible for scoops and designate some number of additional characters as ‘backup’ who don’t gain scoops but can still influence Domination.

If raiding scoops are such a problem that letting them build up on characters other than the ones in the top brackets is a problem, then we’re still doing it wrong.

One additional, completely serious question:

If you have more then 5 characters, you must choose which 5 will participate in Domination (or the first 5 characters to earn scoops are automatically chosen)

Would it be possible to have the option to have this selection turned on if you have five or fewer characters? As it stands now, someone with six characters can opt out of Domination, but someone with five characters (which is also the number of non-Re-Re clbumes) doesn’t get that option.

More than once I’ve thought it would be nice to turn off Domination so I could run turns without interfering with my own clan’s raids and schemes. I don’t always have time to do much more than run four of my twelve stored visits in the hour before rollover so as to not lose visits (can’t top the leaderboard if I’m falling behind), but that doesn’t mean I want to screw over my klanmates who might be trying to solo, or raid, or whatever.

I’m sure there are other reasons someone might like this, as well.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!