Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Nicco Posted:

You have a valid point, but then again mods enforce the rules way more to a certain player than to an other player *cough*selective*cough*

I have noticed this, and I am saddened by it.

Shii Posted:

I agree that people do get too worked up about games and get too serious, but honestly, if you’re spending time on something or putting effort into achieving something in a game, getting frustrated or mad if you find out your time has been wasted is hardly indicative of any sort of problem on the players’ part.

It’s a natural reaction. So I think that while yes, some carry it to an extreme, you can’t make THAT broad a generalization.

I agree, however keep in mind, I did not mention anything about people getting mad about domination or forumbuilder, places that would apply to your argument, I only mentioned people that take things that happen in here as seriously as they would real life.

Bigandtasty Posted:

imo a lot less people take FW seriously than other online games

You’ll see the occasional overblown complaint about balances or features but on the whole this is a much tamer community than a lot of other games. This may be partly due to the lack of competitive aspects, but a lot less people **** about gameplay here than anything else I’ve played online.

You have a point but the issue traces to human nature in general more than anything else – nothing about FWZ in particular makes it that much more addictive, other than maybe flamebate. I don’t open my mouth that much on flamebate, though I do lurk more than I should.

Even stating “Human Nature” is a broad term. There are some people that play Forumwarz and spend time in Flamebate and don’t seem to get upset about things that happen. At least they don’t get AS upset as others obviously do. So since I’m to bumume that everyone that plays this is at least mostly human, human nature would apply to everyone that plays. So human nature isn’t enough of an explanation.

I’ve found that most people just seem to put too much stock in things that don’t have actual value, but implied value based on the time and effort put into something. IE a hobby or collection, or in this case a game.

My confusion is that whereas a hobby or collection can net actual profit or monetary value, a game has no literal reward. The person with the most epeen doesn’t get to sell their epeen for anything else. It’s not tangible. So it is time that should be regarded as thrown away, and people shouldn’t put so much stock in it.

Does that make sense?

om nom nom

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!