Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

quangntenemy Posted:

us, as in more than 100000 players, or just a few who are abusing the system?

Hmm, I’m kind of on the fence on this one. I can see part of both sides.

But let me ask you something, Q. How do these auctions interfere with the fun of the 99% of the player base that aren’t involved in them?

As far as why the system is automated, my guess is that the workload of manually monitoring auctions would be too much for an already overworked staff.

And I can see the fun in blowing through flezz on stupid stuff. I’m an American, and I see my fellow Americans do it every day. How hasn’t played a game of Monopoly were you had such a commanding lead in the game, you were offering stupid prices for virtually useless properties? ”Hey, dude, I’ll give you $10,000 for Baltic Avenue, just so I have this whole corner of the board!”

My thought would be to simply flag any user that was making such an obscene bid or sale, so that someone could review it manually. Or even if the Auction itself could have a publicly viewable flag, with a warning and an option for a Bidder or the Seller to send in an explanation about why it’s not abuse.

Auto-shutting auctions really isn’t the best option, and I’m hoping its simply temporary.

Personally, I don’t see the point of allowing Junk to be auctioned in the first place. Other than these auctions in question, are people really paying more for the Junk than a player would get for selling it in the Ppwn Shoppe?

Acid Flux edited this message on 02/01/2009 10:18AM

Are you looking to save some Flezz?

Then stop on by Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

Fetishes, Glbumes, Tattoos & Hardware, all on sale!

Save your hard-earned flezz by shopping at

Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!