Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

FalCoN Posted:

This idea might sound quite nice, but there is one problem: P2P sTalk would not be able replace IRC anyway because you’d still need a decent multi-user chat for klan raiding etc. (and sTalk is simply not suited for this). It would be a nice feature, but it’s doubtful that it would be worth the time it takes to implement it. What might be a better solution is to work with IDC to make it more similar to real IRC (e.g. with having multiple channels and private chat). I bumume that this would be at least slightly more useful – eventhough I still feel that it’s rather unnecessary.

On the other hand, if I’m not mistaken, implementing P2P sTalk wouldn’t even take that much time, so maybe it’s still worth discussing (though I’m not sure on this one).

How is sTalk really not that suited to multi user chats? All that would need to be done is let more people into the sTalk window and let people type instead of clicking predetermined words. In fact, I wouldn’t bee too sad if IDC was changed in the future to allow for a windowed mode that had the appearance of sTalk (with avatars instead of colors).

Still, signed.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!