Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Although this is probably a good idea (I am not a high level, see my level), but I may have foreseen a problem that I would like to tweak. From what I have read, you will be charged, as just a mere example, let’s say Log in to see images!1000 every Sunday or the first day of the month, correct? The problem in this is that serious auctioneers and others may not have the flezz on Sunday or the first day of the month. Thus, if say, Player A had their subscription canceled because they didn’t have the flezz on Sunday, but on Monday, they ended up having more than enough flezz to pay the subscription.

Even though you probably didn’t think of this problem, the best way to solve this would be to have a store, much like all the other stores on ForumWarz where you can purchase your internet service such as:

38k (Everyone has this)

DSL

Cable

T1

T3

And then, after they purchase the said item (or service), the game will automatically have a counter that runs for the specific time, either a week, or a month. It’s not really a problem, but I wanted to elaborate.

Also, I don’t think that the speedrun time should be cut down by an exact number, say 3 seconds. It should be percentage based, as I would bumume on easier forums, 3 seconds can make QUITE the difference. If it was percentage based, all forums would stay equal based on internet service speedrun time.

In addition, one last thing. I would love to see a “double-edged” sword internet service. To take DSL into example, DSL is sometimes faster than Cable, but is sometimes slower. Users that purchase DSL may shed a percentage of their forum speed time, but sometimes, may increase their forum speed time. However, DSL may be cheaper than the other internet services. Users that don’t want to shed the big buck flezz may want to choose DSL.

edit: Although I have elaborated on your idea, please keep in mind that your idea in general is a double-edged sword itself. Although it surely is a flezz sink, at the same time, the people who can most likely afford the internet service at such high prices would be the dedicated already professional players. As someone has stated earlier, the lower and middle clbum players would be at a disadvantage, and they already are. Even if you cut the amount of flezz so that everyone could afford it, no one would be winning either on the leaderboards because everyone would have relatively the same time. HOWEVER, it would STILL create a flezz sink. So, if you just want a flezz sink, bring all the internet service fees down so everyone can afford it.

Chronotrigga edited this message on 01/28/2009 1:10PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!