Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Chronotrigga

[BAMF]

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

1338h4x Posted:

Actually I’d say Galaxy lasts a hell of a lot longer than any of the other ‘hardcore’ games you mention. Did you get all 242 stars yet? The real problem is that once you finish with that and Brawl, there’s almost nothing else.

I meant the main storyline. Of course, if you went back in SMG and tried to get all 242 stars, it would be a lot longer (the last ones are very hard, I heard). To take Fallout 3 as an example, the main storyline can be beaten in like 5-7 hours. However, there are tons of side quests that you can beat, giving you a lengthy game if you complete every single quest.

In addition, a lot of developers see the Wii as an “easy buck”, where they can grind out games without proper development. The majority of Wii game sales are from first-party titles, and not third-party titles.

You may find this article interesting; I just googled “wii first party games”: http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752

Using figures from review aggregation site Metacritic.com, almost half of Wii games released since the console launched in 2006 have scored below 65%, compared with about a third of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles.

I’m not busting on the Wii here. I’m just saying that because the Wii is ‘mainly’ targeted to a casual more broader audience, a lot of game developers are pumping out games for the Wii that are not necessarily top quality because they know that uneducated parents, who want to buy games for their kids and don’t know anything better will pick them up. The Wii has some good games (mostly first party) like SSBB, SMG, Mario Kart, Zack & Wiki, and more, but with those come like 400 **** horrible games.

According to game sales authority NPD Group, the top ten best-selling Wii games — titles like Mario Kart, Wii Fit, and last year’s number one game, Wii Play — accounted for about 44% of all Wii game purchases in 2008.

These are straight hard facts; I’m not making them up.

Chronotrigga edited this message on 01/27/2009 1:03PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!