Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

How about

“Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:15-16)

How about the surrounding context instead of picking at a single verse?

Don’t worry, I’ve got it.

This is a prophecy of judgement against Babylon, for refusing to repent of its sins. Back before the coming of Christ Jesus, humanity was still steeped in sin. Sin and wrongdoing could not be tolerated by a holy God. Therefore, he gave them chances to repent of their ways and turn back to Him.

Upon whence they rejected his calling, he was left with no choice but to follow through with his promised punishment.

Thankfully, we’re no longer bound by this theology of retribution, because Jesus redeemed all men and women from the powers of sin and death.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!