Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

It would be quite interesting.

My counter-point to your counter-point is thus: In theory, if one had absolutely no conception of the baseball, no possible perception or logical awareness, one could, potentially, be unaffected by it. Consider it a sort of mind over matter. In theory, if one was completely unaware of the effect of gravity, even in the most basic of senses, one could fly. But, like all those old Saturday morning cartoons, if that same person was suddenly taught that all things are drawn towards a greater body unless suspended in some way, that floating person would plummet to the Earth like the rest of us. Of course, this is just theory.

That has possibility in theory. However, finding data to support or refute it is difficult if not impossible. A newborn baby, who arguably has no knowledge at all of physics (gravity in our example), will still fall if dropped. However, this may be a case of observation and weights from the observers’ knowledge of gravity affecting their collective perception such that to everyone the baby indeed does fall. This relates to an interesting point. You are familiar with Schroedinger’s Cat? Perhaps the universe functions similar to that idea on a macro scale, with one important difference: Instead of the probability waveform collapsing on observation, it collapses on the potential of observation. For example, a tree falling in a forest would fall if someone were in the forest somewhere where they could see/hear it even if they are not, at the moment, watching.

My ego is trumped only by how ****ing awesome I am.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!