Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

I’ve been kicking this idea around for a while, and I think it’s good enough to see the light of day.

In a nutshell, CZ could implement “better” internet packages for a certain amount of flezz every week/month. While these subscriptions wouldn’t (and couldn’t) have any effect on actual site performance, they could be coded to shave a set amount of time off all your forum runs. For example, upgrading from the “standard” service to a higher tier might cost 100000 flezz a week, but would shave 3 seconds off all speedrun times.

Since speedruns are based on player times, the more people ran forums with “better” internet packages, the lower the 3 scoop times would fall. Regular players would lose nothing by sticking with the basic free package, but competitive players (which are usually the ones with boatloads of flezz) would have to keep spending flezz to gain that advantage (or merely keep up). There could even be contracts, where you’d have to be billed for a certain service for a couple months, so people couldn’t just pay the fee one week to compete and go back to money whoring the next.

Obviously I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, but I think it’d serve as both a strategic tool for competitive players and a means to suck out some of the excess flezz.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!