Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

In the interest of increasing the quality of ForumBuildr, increasing the Flezz is a bad idea. Yes, its a crap reward, that’s good. Its just a token reward which helps draw the attention of people who submit ideas because they want forums to be good and funny, not because they just want money. When people only want money, the submissions are more sub-par (in general)- they will go for the easy jokes, the overused tired jokes you see in a majority of the forums, because they know these will get a lot of votes, thus be more likely to make it into the final forum. The same thing goes for the scoops as well.

Flezz, right now, is not really a motivation for playing forumbuildr, but scoops are. If we wanted to remedy this, something like changing the milestone at which you achieve scoops could be done. Like, instead of getting a scoops at every five votes, it could be ever ten or something.

Edit: In retrospect, I suppose its arguable that a higher reward would increase the competition for winning submissions; but I still think that tried, common place jokes would dominate.

Adapt edited this message on 01/19/2009 11:32PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!