Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Johnny Mac Posted:

There is no difference since the intent is the same.

Yes, there is a difference, and the intent is NOT the same.

Setting up a single auction with a Buy It Now of 4.5 Million, and agreeing to give that specific individual 4 BP if they purchase the item, is abusive. The intent is to do a direct trade of BP for Flezz.

Choosing a random customer to award a BP to, especially if the customer that wins could end up having spent as little as  175 to win a BP, and if the random selection is monitored by a third party, is absolutely not the same thing. It is not a BP for Flezz transfer. It is an encouragement for people to peruse my sales. If they can find a lower price on the item they are looking to purchase, then they should buy it. I’m not asking them to pay any thing more than the BASE COST as listed by Kyoubai, and they have NO GUARANTEE that they will receive anything other than the item they paid for. None whatsoever.

Therefore, it is most definitely different.

The intent of a BP/Flezz swap is to get Flezz directly for BP.

The intent of this ‘Customer Appreciation’ is to increase traffic in my store, and no one person is guaranteed of getting any BP whatsoever.

If I offered 1 BP up as the prize, and then only one person that week bought an “Ex-Girlfriend’s COlogne”, then I just ended up ‘selling’ a BP for  175.

Tell me how that’s “abusive” and the ‘same as a BP/Flezz transfer’.

MC Banhammer Posted:

The difference is, ET said, basically:

1) Pimping your auctions in this forum is allowed.

2) Pimping your auctions in exchange for BP is not allowed.

The problem with the way this is worded. If I decided, for a completely unrelated reason, to give a BP to someone that had also happened to by one of my customers, is this going to be considered suspicious?

As I said, I’d like a direct explanation why my Raffle proposal is any different from the recent Raffle from the Ppwn Shoppe? No one was guaranteed to win anything out of that, and those that didn’t win the raffle had nothing of value to show for it.

Acid Flux edited this message on 01/19/2009 3:44PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!