Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

When I place a bid on an item that is lower than the maximum bid somebody else has set, their bid does not increase to beat mine. At least, I’ve encountered this problem on at least one auction.

This is problematic for a few reasons:

1) It’s confusing. eBay doesn’t work this way, and really everybody’s expectations about how “internet auctions” are supposed to work are based on eBay’s proxy bidding. I kept bidding the same bid over and over again, to see if this was a bug. If your max bid is 200,000 and I bid 100,000 the current high bid should at least have to beat 100,000.

2) It removes the opportunity to use the auction house as a griefing vector.

3) It’s open to abuse. Any person on top of the flezz board could win any auction at reserve price by bidding more flezz than anybody else in the game has.

4) Not punishing people for nuclear bidding is full of fail.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 01/17/2009 12:27AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!