Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

generichaxor Posted:

as long as u dont agree with me, i forgive u

indulgence system is one example of how organized religion is about as corrupt as organized government

usually corrupt organizations need to be removed or modified greatly

The indulgence system doesn’t work the same way as it used too, somewhat infamously, in the 1500s back when you could buy forgiveness for family members.

Nowadays, indulgences sparing relatives from purgatory are only available to those who make a procession, a pilgrimage, to a holy site, such as St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.

I personally think it’s silly and wrong, when the Bible clearly teaches good works don’t equal salvation, but then Catholics use a slightly different Bible, in that it contains the Apocrypha as well. I’m not Catholic, so I can’t profess to know every aspect of their doctrine, but I know enough about it to know that it’s got some holes in it.

However, I completely agree that corruptness devalues the religion and makes all participants look foolish, as does corrupt government. Unfortunately, some will always put themselves above more altruistic professions, and corruptness inevitably results. We just need to figure out ways to stamp out the corruption without destroying the structure.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!