Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’d like to bring up a couple of things that seem to be getting run over by smack talk.

This thread started as a question, but really when only one small (and yes, it was small) raid had been completed it was harder to judge the real impact. Now we’ve seen at least 5 raids, and re-evaluation of vanilla needs to happen. I had all my jollies playing over 50 Domination cards this time around. My God, it was a blast! I got to male reproductive organ with a ridiculous number of people. Log in to see images!

But, I happen to be in one of the raiding klans, and I’m not so blind that I can’t see the problem.

I’ve been talking to several people in smaller klans and there is more than frustration going on – people are not really seeing a reason to bother with Domination anymore if they aren’t in a mega-klan. These are people who earned medals prior to any mbum raiding, so they actually know how to play and win solo without tons of bonus scoops dumped into their laps.

I think that blows.

I do know that smaller klans can pull off a vanilla raid, but pvp is a strange animal, and it’s not everyones cup of tea. A klan shouldn’t have to force it’s members to participate, so that the players who want to play Domination have a chance.

I had at least 3 players in my pod (Buntline, ClevedonTom and Duddly Donkers) who were holding their own against the 10ish players from SotQR and FoL. It was freaking impressive, but ultimately sad. No game play, no strategy could have overcome the sheer number of bodies with vanilla scoops.

Frankly the “vanilla walls” (those in the raiding klans that just sat there doing nothing) were more of a problem than those actively playing. Vanilla walls had to be taken down in order to effectively play Dom. cards! A solo player couldn’t even attack an actual enemy because this other blob was sitting in the way. This would be great strategy in a klan format, a nightmare in a solo situation.

And, really the response should not be “join a different klan.” If a player needed to be in a certain type of klan to have a chance at completing the nuke plant, the howls would be deafening. Domination might not be part of the main game, but it’s part of the game.

A lot of the people in smaller klans are friends, or at least knew each other prior to FlameWarz.

They brought each other into the game.

So, now that they all had this bonus fun game experience together if they actually want to continue (and lets be honest once ep1 is done the only real play is Dom.) they need to bail on their friends and fling themselves into groups they don’t really want to play with? All that is going to achieve is people not bothering and deciding to leave the game, so that seems like a really bad option.

And, it’s obvious that some people are taking that option, since it’s the only one right now. Reading the Flamebate, there is a thread about how klan officers can’t leave a klan. One person responded that they disbanded their klan to leave. It should be noted that the person is now in FoL. I haven’t talked with them personally, but why suddenly dump your smallish personal klan for a 200+ player cluster**** if not for the vanilla?

A vanilla cap has been brought up, this isn’t a bad idea at all.

More Domination card options, could also help.

I have no idea how a game like Domination is set up coding wise but, having a “klan” or “solo” bumon to click would be wonderful. Click solo and you are only playing against other solo players, you get nothing from klan raid type activities. Your click this week determines what you will play next week.

I like this little game, it’s a fun diversion that doesn’t take hours to play. I think it should be fun for solo players as well as the groups. Hope that this gets tweaked before people get frustrated enough to bail.

PS – Frisesomorum, you are so on my ****ing hit list. Log in to see images!

LOL. Ninja’d by much more to the point posters.

scully edited this message on 03/13/2008 12:00AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!