Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

So, I’ve seen a couple random ideas thrown around, but it seems like 99% of ForumBuildr has their collective heads stuck in their collective bumes.

Why don’t we consolidate the suggestions in one spot so we don’t keep repeating ourselves?

The suggestions I’ve heard of and support:

1. Eliminate downvoting.

It serves no purpose except to make people lose scoops and lose suggestions. Granted, while it does have the effect of removing crappy suggestions from the group, it also has the effect of letting a tiny number of people ruin someone’s chances early on. I’ve had forum suggestions with 150+ upvotes one week get downvoted to -5 within 4 minutes of submission the next week. Plus, half the time people downvote to give their submissions an extra advantage, which is unfair and distorts the purpose.

It’s just stupid. The same effect can be obtained by changing ‘downvote’ to ‘pbum,’ and still letting the top scorers win. Same goes for Hall of ****. If you allow downvotes, anyone who wants to get the Hall of **** peen can go and remove like 25% of someone’s votes by downvoting every submission they have.

Another option, that I would find better than it is now but not as effective as removing it, would be to increase the amount of downvotes needed for withdrawal to something like -10.

2. Make a minimum Buildr score necessary to allow people to submit Forum Ideas.

Most ForumBuildrs would agree with me that getting your idea chosen as next week’s forum is one of the toughest Buildr rewards to achieve. Therefore, if someone is incapable of getting even a small score of 5 (capable of achieving within a couple weeks), they’ll never be able to submit a winning forum idea.

Most forum material is submitted by the top few ForumBuildrs anyway, so it wouldn’t change much of anything. It would also prevent the problem of illegal alt voting, as we just witnessed with the first rendition of the Fran is Fat forum.

This will clear up most of the very special forum idea concepts, and give people more chance to dwell on the good forum ideas instead. If people get caught up in downvoting ideas, it’s more likely they’ll continue downvoting instead of stopping and reading the next one that pops up.

3. Better Flezz rewards.

The rewards used to be good, back when 5,000 Flezz could buy something. I propose simply adding an extra 0 on every one of the rewards. 50k for a forum is decent, and if you get 4-5 other submissions, that can add up as well.

I’ll add other suggestions as I hear them.

Shii edited this message on 01/12/2009 12:16AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!