Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Tig O-Bitties

Avatar: 24201 Thu Nov 06 12:02:31 -0500 2008

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Angry hobo Posted:

People who really have the urges to kill them self dont talk about it. People who do it (like you) are just looking for attention.

That is not only untrue but horribly insensitive.

I’ve volunteered as a suicide prevention counselor for almost 10 years. While it’s true that people with very high intent and means don’t usually reach out by, say, calling suicide hotlines before attempting/completing suicide, I’ve talked to many people with intent ranging from low (still very ambivalent) to high (almost certain to attempt/complete). Your argument fails further because the OP didn’t post here BEFORE attempting (i.e., a cry for help) but rather afterwards.

Also, a successful completion has NOTHING to with intent but rather with the method used. In other words, someone could have very high intent to die but use a method like wrist-cutting or pills that is sometimes non-fatal. This is why more men complete suicide but more women attempt it: men tend to use more fatal means like guns, while women tend to use pills, cutting, etc.

ANYway. Patch the Darknut, there are plenty of good resources out there for suicidal thoughts, depression, and other mental health issues. If you haven’t yet found a medication that works, or a counselor who is helping, you have to keep looking. Try calling 1-800-SUICIDE to be connected to your closest crisis center. Crisis centers aren’t only for suicide prevention; they also have information on local mental health resources and can be incredibly helpful.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!