Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

Evil Trout Posted:

Some of this might change before it launches, but:

– You may not trade between alts

– If you put a buyout price on an item, it does not activate until the auction has been active for an hour at least

– If you bid an item up more than the minimum increase, it keeps your bid secret and places it as the minimum. If another person bids less than you, you immediately beat their bid.

– There is a maximum initial price based on the cost of the item.

The idea of most of these precautions are to prevent easy sending of Flezz from one account to another.

Rad. Log in to see images!

So…can you give us an estimated date of launch, or should we just consult the wiki article on Valve time? Log in to see images!

Being a bit of a fool, a collector, and having a stubborn streak of e-philanthropy, this auction house is relevant to my interests, as I’d like the opportunity to give the newbs a helping hand with the low to medium tier .moar files I end up collecting on the side. Usually end up selling them for peanuts at the Ppwn Shoppe, and I’ll probably make more doing that, but I figure why not spread the love?

(We were all Re-Re’s at the start, after all. Log in to see images!)

Balloon Posted:

Yeah, so far I don’t like most of the “solutions” to the auction house. People will always find ways to exploit it. In addition, I feel that it’ll take away the challenge of the game once you have the best moar file equipment. I know, we don’t like grinding for that final piece for ages, but once you have it and you start one-shotting things… don’t you get bored eventually?

I truly hope this will not effect forum difficulty. It’s fine the way it is now, except for hackers.

Go ahead disagree with me, I just wanted to say my piece.

Haha, well, no one can say you don’t have a good point. Opening the in-game economy in any RPG is bound to have several bumps and pitfalls, as well as posing an advanced degree of skill to successfully implement it, which is why FW probably only has BP transfer now.

As for the inevitable ennui…well, as long as there are people with sufficient time (lack of life?) and motivation, someone will always reach that elusive god-like point. I guess it can be considered a side effect of all that virtual power. Log in to see images! Endash edited this message on 01/05/2009 12:47PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!