Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

As a hardcore Lunix user, I gotta say that what you’re suggesting isn’t open source at all, and really would just serve to **** things up for CZ and run them out of business. Obviously open source or partially open source models can work for some games, like NetHack or Valve’s stuff. But for a browser-based MMO like this, it would be disastrous. If someone took the source and made their own Forumwarz server where everyone gets unlimited free BP, would people continue to donate to CZ?

Also, sorry to be that guy, but I can’t help pointing out security by obscurity vs. security by design regarding all the security stuff mentioned. Then again, this isn’t exactly a project that’ll attract a lot of white hats, and as stated opening the source would do more harm than good. I just needed to be a Stallman-fellating douche and point that issue out.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!