Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I understand Veer’s points and I’ve dealt with the grind aspect of FW more than a lot of players – I have 12 level 35 alts and I ground for the cred and flezz peens before Ep 2 hit. I agree that end game grinding is boring, but that was a personal choice. There was nothing in the game itself that said I needed to do those things in order to complete the main game. I happen to enjoy collecting e-peen, so I looked at grinding as the necessary sacrifice to earn those peens. With the level cap in place I have several characters that I haven’t used visits on for awhile.

What I think people seem to overlook is that the ForumWarz base game ends. I know it is positioned as an mmorpg, but given that the game ends and that characters cannot really interact, it is far more like a storyline based video game. It always confuses me when people complain about “the game” because 95% of the time that player has the E-peen that says : What the **** Was That? – This player finished Forumwarz Episode 2. The game has ended, congrats you did it correctly!

Rather than a “That’s all folks!” there is then endgame content available. These are not part of the main game at all, they are separate diversions offered to players who would like to continue doing something on site. Domination is obviously the endgame that incorporates the majority of mechanics introduced in the main game.

I don’t think Domination appeals to everyone, it is fairly time intensive if you want to be competitive, and has always needed to be balanced. One clbum seems to always have a speed advantage, one scoop earning method has always been far superior, players who can whore out their alts have been able to lock other players out. What Dom does do is give a player a reason to keep pwning. This was an end to itself in Episode 1, but in Episode 2 this has he added benefit of allowing a player to gather .moar files without feeling like they have to purely grind for them. The system might be flawed, but I think that is an improvement.

Job Board is fairly static, but again gives an end game sort of thing that allows a player to gather .moar files with a dual purpose. I really like Veer’s idea of being able to turn in job points for items or .moar file pieces, but unless those were job board exclusive items I don’t see a real point in that. I would love to see the job board become more random or complex. It would be neat to see bonus rewards for completing “super jobs” that involved doing a sequence of things. It would also be more interesting if the jobs offered once you complete Episode 2 were varied rather than the same forums every day.

INCIT is INCIT, just as Forumbuildr is Forumbuildr. They can be both fun or annoying, but any way you slice them are pretty solidly separate in every way from the main game.

I look forward to the auction house, I think it will help eliminate that “I must grind forever” feel to gathering .moar files. I have a character with:

****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.latina.
interracial.anal.girls.dvda
Found:

* Piece #1 x 3
    * Piece #3 x 6
    * Piece #4 x 6
    * Piece #5 x 8
    * Piece #6 x 7
    * Piece #7 x 4
    * Piece #8 x 9
    * Piece #9 x 7
    * Piece #10 x 8
    * Piece #11 x 4
    * Piece #12 x 3
    * Piece #13 x 5
    * Piece #14 x 9
    * Piece #15 x 7
    * Piece #16 x 6
    * Piece #17 x 6
    * Piece #18 x 4
    * Piece #19 x 8
    * Piece #20 x 8
    * Piece #21 x 4
    * Piece #22 x 3
 Missing:

* Piece #2

I am damn sick of grinding for piece #2. Hopefully the auction house ET is working on will do a lot to eliminate the need to grind endlessly to get the equipment you want.

I can’t help but think that until the game (if it ever does) becomes interactive most of Veer’s, and those that agree with him, frustration will not go away. Unless a game is an unending quest type thing with a huge amount of things to do, a game relies on players interacting and forming little clans or guilds or whatever. Currently there is very little reason for a player to even say hello to another player let alone work with them.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!