Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

There needs to be a way to show which items were submitted by the same user without giving away the user’s name.

If I see something wrong/iffy in one of my submissions and fix it and resubmit, it sometimes gets downvoted because people think I was stealing from the original submitter (but they don’t know it was me).

Normally, the advice would be to double-check submissions before pressing the bumon, but sometimes things like the logo or style will change and completely throw off the other.

Example: If a logo was submitted with transparency and black text, and the winning style becomes one with a dark background, the logo now looks horrible with the style and could start to get downvoted, when all it needed was a slight touchup. This could happen with a logo changing and making the style look bad as well (i.e. if the matte edges of a transparency show up on the background of the style. It’s quite possible that near the end of the voting, THE BEST LOGO EVER is submitted and gets quickly upvoted to the top of the list – but looks HORRIBLE with the currently winning style – and no new style is uploaded or upvoted high enough to change the top winner. I guess in this case you could personally step in and rect[al]ify the s[h]ituation, but how would you do that fairly?

One solution is to upload multiple versions of a logo/style, but this takes up submission points. I could see why an edit bumon could cause problems – people could make a really awesome logo or style that gets uploaded and is then changed at the last minute to something the voters might not like.

Once again I submit that the option of including multiple color schemes with a logo/style would be nice – at least the option of providing a light/dark version of a style which, if selected, would choose the appropriate light/dark version of the winning logo or vice/versa to go with it.

EDIT: Also, maybe on the problem of submitting a fixed version it should be possible to remove an entry you’ve submitted.

Corion edited this message on 03/10/2008 2:12AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!