Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Eh? I stopped reading at about page 8. Seems some of you idiots still can’t differentiate between gnostic atheism and agnostic atheism, referring to the former as “atheism” and the latter as “agnosticism”. I’ll break it down for you here:

A/gnosticism refers to whether or not you know something for sure, in this case the existence of God. Gnosticism is utterly ridiculous whether you’re a theist or an atheist, because it is impossible to know with complete certainty that God does or doesn’t exist. Calling yourself “agnostic” doesn’t differentiate between agnostic theism (what all rational believers practice; Nietzsche claims that true faith cannot exist without doubt) and an agnostic atheist, though the latter is usually the implication.

A/theism refers to whether or not you believe in something, in this case the existence of God. A lack of belief in something’s existence does not imply belief in something’s non-existence. Saying that atheists believe that God doesn’t exist is sort of like saying that “not collecting stamps” is a hobby. There’s simply no belief one way or the other. I would say that this is really the default stance, given that somebody hasn’t been introduced to religion. If you’d never heard of the idea of a God, you obviously wouldn’t believe in it, or really give it much thought at all. This is what’s at the heart of atheism.

If you’re claiming to be “agnostic” and suggesting that this is in some way superior to being an “atheist”, what you really are is a “moron”. You are likely an agnostic atheist, and it’s equally likely that the person you’re being condescending towards is an agnostic atheist, as well. It’s unfortunate that I have to group myself with people who can’t understand such a simple concept, but I suppose there are idiots in all camps of “The God Debate”. I myself am an agnostic atheist, and if it weren’t for my parents trying to get me to go to church with them when I visit over the holidays, or dumbbum forum threads (like this one) where trolls pretend to be gnostic atheists and the people who rise to their bait display complete ineptitude at defending their own positions, I really wouldn’t give the idea of a God a second thought.

TL;DR:

Almost everybody is agnostic, you’re a dumbbum for thinking that applying the term to yourself makes you better than other atheists, and the world would be a better place if people stopped waiting for the boogie man to solve their problems for them.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!