Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’m going to have to disagree with the ban as well, although not quite for the reasons provided here.

The address provided is a “real” address. Not in that it’s currently in use, but in that it’s a domain which could be used IRL. It’s considered bad form to do things like that for much the same reason as it’s considered bad form to put a VALID phone number or email address in a TV show or movie. (Psst: It’s because idiots call the number or email the account, and then people get ****ed.)

Given CZ’s love of Easter Eggs, I don’t think that anybody can blame him for sending an email to the address to see if CZ was employing some nifty metagame stuff. You know how kids send letters to Santa? What’s to keep CZ from getting that address and having somebody play the role of Rivit for answering emails?

I also can’t fault him for going on the Game Discussion forums and talking about it, since that’s a valid response to the situation. He thought he found an Easter Egg, it turned out to just be a waste of time, disappointment and discussion ensues, etc…

So, why did CZ pick a valid address for Rivit’s address? Wouldn’t it have made more sense to make the address something invalid, like @tubmail.co.jp.sux at the very least? o.0

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!