Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

scullyangel Posted:

These suggestions sound really solid.

The only thing I’d really add would be the thought that clbumes would not need to be so perfectly balanced, they could be varied and more interesting if they just had clbum specific speed boards. Every time some new thing shifts the balance people get up in arms because their end game play is messed with. Speed runs earn scoops and the job board seems to always be radically skewed (speed times) to whatever clbum has the happiest balance at the moment. Clbumes could actually use their natural strengths and maybe vary their builds a bit if they weren’t in competition with the other clbumes.

The idea of splitting the speedruns based upon clbum has alot going for it as you don’t want to make the clbumes to similar or it reduces the value of buying alts with BPs.

I think you either set it up where all the clbumes are pretty much similar (which require coding big defense bonuses onto the camwhores and emos) or you need to set it up where clbumes are going to be strong on a particular range of the forums. The problem currently is that trolls are strong on every forum currently available and they can reasonably dominate the speedrun times on all of the top end forums.

So you either need to slow down the trolls ability to pwn (either through increasing refresh time or by reducing damage capacity). If you are seeking to emulate a DPS clbum for a MMORPG you need to give the trolls rapid attacks with lower damage curves. If you are seeking to emulate a big dumb brute you need to give them powerful attacks that are slow to refresh.

Personally I liked the symmetry of giving camwhores and emos 1-2-1-2 attack runs and trolls and hackers 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack runs because the camwhores and emos should be able to hit fast but should do less damage on their big hits, while the trolls and hackers should be able to hit hard and stay in the game longer.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!