Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Ok it’s pretty clear that we are having wild gyrations with game balance currently and many of the new changes (including the new forum) have thrown the balance completely out of wack yet again.

So here are some friendly suggestions from me about how to rectify the situation.

1)Decide what your design objectives are going to be. If the lvl 28+ forums are supposed to be hard don’t make a clbum that can reliably 2 hit your hardest forum while taking a much smaller amount of damage.

2)Before adding a new forum or adding new equipment test it with your balancebot in an offline environment in order to see if the new forum or equipment powers up one clbum more than the other clbum.

Keeping in mind these rules here are my clbum balance suggestions.

Give each clbum a game role to play.

Troll – currently the role seems to be hit hard and be able to absorb damage.

Keep their damage totals the same but increase the refresh rate on their attacks and double the douchebaggery costs of their top three attacks.

Results:

Political Flamebate 350 Douchebaggery 16 Refresh 2

Shock Sites 220 Douchebaggery 16 Refresh 2

Post Personal Info 150-180 Douche 18 Refresh 2

This would force trolls to move to a 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack pattern (or even occasionally use Recipes). This should slow them down quite a bit but would still give them a noticeable edge on some of the harder hitting forums.

Camwhores

Turn these guys into better healers. They should probably hit relatively hard but should mainly be able to clean house on the easy forums. On the hard forums their healing abilities would come into play.

Results:

Fetish 225 Sexiness 15 Refresh 1

Hand Bra 200 Sexiness 13 Refresh 1

Healing Abilities- Instead of a fixed range amount make it a fixed range amount + some formula dependent on charisma. End result NSFW should be able to heal between 400-600 ego on a decently specced camwhore. This would enable them to stay in the fight against the new forums without needing to purchase consumables. In addition it would actually make charisma a somewhat valuable stat for camwhores.

Emos

Emos aren’t bad it’s just really really difficult to bring their special ability into play on most forums.

My suggestion would be to keep their actions as is but to allow them to come into the battle pre-damaged so to speak. That way if my emo had 500 ego normally I could set a % damaged as I go into the forum. I’d make it in 10% increments. That way if I was willing to risk a lot I could go in at 50/500. This would allow emos to pwn forums faster but at substantially more risk.

Hackers

The problem with hackers currently are that their attacks don’t do much damage and they are really really slow (which really punishes them in speedruns). However they can get truly astronomical stat values thus I would change their attacks to 2 damage and make avatar a decent end attack

Results:

AVTR- 230-250 PP 10 Refresh 2

IPZ 170-190 PP 7 Refresh 2

FLIPR 120-140 PP 6 Refresh 2

This gives the hacker a 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack run which would be extremely useful but not overpowering.

Finally in order to give Recipes some value as a end game tool I would suggest raising it’s damage value to 400 Attack.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!