Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

10 years old is ancient for a crt, most of them live less than 4 years. also they dont even manufacture them anymore that i’m aware of, its all flatscreen now. as for fixing it, give it a smack on its side, then change the mhz to a higher setting. also if it has onboard controls try upping the bright/contrast

I don’t even own a CRT that’s newer than 4 years… and I’ve got about 10 of them. Also, like I said, brightness/contrast is all the way up, not to mention the “freakishly zoomed picture” thing.

if all else fails, buy a new one, this one was brand-new in the box for 50 bucks about 6 months ago, because theyre trying to get rid of the old crt stock everywhere

Not my computer, and 50 bucks is a ****ing ton of money for me.

also if you can manage to get the case off, hit the circuitboard with some canned air, it might be something simple like dust

Got the case off hours ago, and hit it with my air tank (60 PSI is the highest I could hold the connection together to, until I replace the ****ing hose tomorrow). Also got off the tube end-board and tried reseating it (for some reason it was screw-banded down to the neck of the tube), no help at all. =\

I think it’s a failed component somewhere, but in my world, one failed component is never ever a reason to throw the whole thing away Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!