Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

My point was that the new changes might empower large somewhat organized klans (the former would certain qualify the behemoths like 7VD or ED – the second doesn’t). However we aren’t sure of that at the current time.

However we can be fairly certain that it would prevent klan vanilla from completely overwhelming the top bracket (which nobody can deny currently happens). Further if implemented correctly this would also solve the problem of having solo players with 4+ alts in the same bracket using team tactics to ensure that one of the alts gets medals (obviously also happening currently).

So with one relatively simple coding job (cheaters already don’t count in terms of forums pwned so ET should be able to reuse some of the code- a good thing) you can knock out 2 of the biggest complaints with the current implementation of domination.

Further Bingebot has indicated multiple times that domination is a work in progress and that he favors incremental improvements rather than wholesale rewriting the code. Thus it can be logically inferred that if this proposed fix breaks certain things, other fixes can be used to patch, etc.

The ultimate goal shouldn’t really be about pleasing the people at the top of the medal leaderboards but should instead be focused on improving the gameplay for new players. Considering that with the level cap in place most people can easily make lvl 35 providing a fun and enjoyable endgame experience for the entire community rather than a rather small subsection should be the priority.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!