Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

plk Posted:

My only concern with alt changes is that then, medals will pretty much go to whoever has the most people in the same klan in your particular bracket. So if you want it to be all about individual achievement or how well you work together, that doesn’t really do it, either, if it’s really about filling up a bracket with klanmates. Though they do have to be active and get scoops, so maybe it’s fine. I think it might be more fun if there were more of different types of medals to be had, so that everyone isn’t either blocking each other or just going for the same three medals.

So the jist of what I’m reading in your comment is while it’s fine for people to abuse the current system in an attempt to lock up medals, you are opposed to a system that might enable members of another currently larger klan to dominate based on sheer numbers?

I bumume that you feel that you would be unwelcome in this klan and would likely get targeted relentlessly thereby blocking you from medalling except in the early part of a season?

My response to this is that any system that rewards cooperative play is going to provide an edge to the most organized group. In the past that has been SoQTR and then KoLOL followed by Good Omens/E2B/BoD. Each of those klans were clearly able to dominate the playing field during the height of their power. That isn’t to say that unaffiliated players haven’t been successful in coming up with coping strategies.

By limiting alts there will be a drastic reduction in the amount of klan vanilla in play. That will immediately make the top bracket competitive (currently it’s by no means competitive). Further limiting alts will prevent players like meeeee, amasius, malaise, scully, etc from alt stacking in order to dominate the lower brackets. Simply put plutonium donations won’t buy you automatic medals anymore. I don’t see that as a bad thing.

Finally the limits on ties are a good practical limit on the effective size of klans. Either you need to be willing to maybe get a medal every 3-4 weeks or a big klan with lots of competive players is going to be a limiting factor. So realistically the oversized version of brainfreeze that exists now would likely shed a huge number of alts as some people would continue to raid, some people would focus on solo domination, and some people might just keep an alt or 2 in there for a sense of community.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!