Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

It would also make the time commitment to raid significantly less and therefore more enticing for more players. There is also Lemon and Pistachio which you can get at the same time too (in both cases).

I may be in a raiding klan, but due to timezone differences and a stupid workload I’m primarily a solo player, and I make many, many more scoops total over all my alts with lemon, pistachio and solo vanilla than I would with a main character with lemon, pistachio and klan vanilla (and solo vanilla if I save my mains visits which is pretty standard), even if this change meant my alts made some klan vanilla too. This is because if you’re raiding, because of the dynamics of preparation and protecting against interference it’s usually difficult to work out pistachio runs on alt characters and fairly tough to get any lemon.

Err… that’s a terrible explaination. Lets go with some numbers, see if that makes it clearer

Option A: Solo

For an ideal solo vanilla run of 12 visits, you can get 72 vanilla, 36 lemon and a varying amount of pistachio. Let’s say about 50 ish if you’re roughly in the middle of a run. That’s 158 scoops. 10 (really very good) solo characters working as a team make 1580.

Option B: Raid

If there’s only 1 main not using his visits for solo purposes, with the rest made up of alts of other klannies helping out, they can make 96 klan vanilla, plus the solo player makes 158, giving a grand total of 1118 scoops from a team of 10.

The klan player will have 96 more scoops than his individual competitors, but the solo team makes 462 more scoops overall, and if more than a couple are in the same bracket as the klan player they will anhiliate him/her. Even if the raid characters make some lemon and pistachio scoops (they might get 15 total, each) that’s still a pretty steep hill to climb.

There’s a lot more to this, I know, especially if you get characters and klans with enough alts (and time!) to raid everyday and keep adding the same main into each raid, but that’s beyond my ability sort out. If anything, this is gonna make raids longer as you just have one main, 9 other player’s alts, raid to the limit, start a new raid with someone elses main, raid to the limit etc. etc. That’s really ****ing tedious and I doubt I’d be willing to participate.

*Edit* Made this post before talks of nerfing solo vanilla came in. I might be behind the idea if you can get it to balance well, but it’s still pretty overpowering at the moment. Also, cutting back on solo scoops is still going to hurt the klan “main” who isn’t participating, but that’s a much minor effect.

Adeptus edited this message on 12/02/2008 1:05PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!