Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Pimptastic, Obama does not work well with Republicans. His claim of ‘reaching across the aisle’ is unfounded. When you look at how both Clinton and Obama have voted in the Senate, you find that they are far left, not moderate. As a Republican, I can tell you that neither I, nor any other Republican I know support or agree with Obama or Clinton in the slightest. McCain is the moderate one here; if you look at the poll numbers you can tell that the far right actually doesn’t agree with him on a LOT of issues. However, that’s not so much of a problem for us as it is an bumet. The far right won’t vote for Obama or Clinton or Nader, leaving them only one choice available – McCain. McCain will also pull a huge number of independents, especially those who lean toward the right on economic and foreign policy, but also those who agree with some of the more liberal decisions that he’s made.

But I can tell you what we’re all hoping for – more posts like Perogi’s. The longer this fight goes on, the better. No matter which candidate is selected by the Democrats, their party will still be split due to the super-delegates. Unless one of them breaks off and starts pulling 70-30 victories in major states, neither one of them can reach the number of delegates that they need to claim the nomination. This leaves the super-delegates in the position of having to choose which one goes on. Do remember that the Clintons are very, very good at doing “back-room deals” and I wouldn’t be surprised to see her walk out of the DNC as their nominee. Which of course would really **** off a lot of people, but hey, either you vote for her or you vote for McCain, or you throw your vote away on Nader. And the reverse is true, as well, if Obama walks away with the nomination.

In any case, I agree with you that a President needs to surround himself with intelligent people. However, that’s not an outright replacement for personal experience. Yes, Obama has had a very good education… but books can only carry you so far. Being out there and involved in the political arena is the best form of experience that anyone can have prior to becoming President, and although one term is okay, I think that McCain or Clinton totally beast Obama on this issue – considering they’ve been actively involved with politics for decades.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!