Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Fran Posted:

*sigh* here we go yet again…

All right, I’m aware that it costs to run these games. A lot.

Good thing you acknowledge that.

But -forcing- cash out of people to access Episode 2? That makes you folks at Crotch Zombie official bumhats.

Why, because you can’t steal your mom’s credit card to pay TEN ****ING DOLLARS?

You get money from the swarms of banner ads around here and you clearly get hundreds of donations monthly, if not weekly, judging by the people paying to stick their own ads on my screen.

You can disable ads by either spending BPs or activating NoScript/AdBlock if you use Firefox. Boohoo, lots of money.

How about taking a page out of Jick’s book? He supports and grows KoL on store purchases and Mr. A donations, period. And guess what! People are happier to donate if the demand for money isn’t being shoved down their throats every second! What a concept.

You look like one of these people who are unhappy because not everything is free. Guess what, entertainment is not free.

Or, you could turn into Runescape, which is enough of a pain in the bum to play with a paid account and truly revolting on a free one.

10 dollars as a one-time fee is not a PITA, unless you’re, as I stated before, someone who has to steal their mom’s credit card to pay stuff.

See, the problem with having pay-to-play and free content in the same game is that it divides players along the line of their disposable income.

10 dollars. How can you NOT have 10 dollars? You’re using the internet. You have a computer on your house. You’re part of the Elite in the world. You SHOULD have 10 ****ing dollars.

Brownie points? Not a bad idea. It’s good that there are restrictions on the godmode purchases. Creates balance in the competitive field and makes players responsible for for their own fate.

Godmode purchases removes you from the competitive aspects of FW. CZ had enough donators without EP2. You’re one of the few you are still complaining about it.

But, when you take -huge- options away from players in a free game just because you can’t get blood out of a stone? Well, you’re certain to **** some people off.

Give them a good server to host FW and you won’t need to pay? You just whine like a ****ing **** but you don’t give any plausible solutions to the problem.

To thrive, you need to -attract- players, and that’s just not a good way to go about it.

I feel good to know I don’t need to endure cheap bumes like you.

TL;DR: good riddance.

qft

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!